Cittaslow Goolwa is an incorporated association managed by a committee comprising volunteer association members elected at Annual General Meetings.
Administration and governance of the association are defined by the Cittaslow Goolwa Inc Rules of Association 2020.
Aims and Purposes
Cittaslow Goolwa Inc aims to improve the quality of life of all residents, businesses and those who work in and visit Goolwa, Alexandrina, based on Cittaslow principles encompassing a broad range of objectives and activities:
- Respecting and preserving local traditions, heritage and cultural practices;
- Protection of the local natural environment;
- Encouraging sustainable living opportunities;
- Celebrating the unique character of the region;
- Promoting and showcasing local growers and producers;
- Involving the community in growing and gaining access to good quality and nutritious food;
- Fostering local artisans and makers of arts and crafts;
- Promoting responsible and sustainable management of the agricultural and urban/built environment;
- Working cooperatively with all parts of the community;
- Engaging with the wider community to cultivate social connection, sense of pride and identity in our region.
Ordinary Committee Members:
|Ordinary Committee Members:||
|Public Officer:||Michael Keen|
The Committee is responsible for administration, financial management, legal and insurances, publicity and liaison with other organisations including Alexandrina Council. It oversees membership services including registration, maintaining the member data base, communication and newsletters.
Resources for programs are routinely generated through funds raised at public events and functions as well as membership fees.